- Memphis coach Tommy West has made a stupid joke about a dog suggesting that Lane Kiffin is not all that smart. Tennessee players perhaps in danger of overlooking the Tigers are now focused.
- Lane Kiffin still won't confirm that reigning SEC freshman of the week Janzen Jackson is suspended for the Memphis game -- it's Kiffin's practice not to comment on such things until afterwards -- but Jackson watched practice from a distance on Thursday and Monte has said that either Prentiss Waggner or freshman Darren Myles, Jr. will start alongside Eric Berry, so there you go. Yay for deductive reasoning.
- We neglected to add the passive-aggressive little old lady to the Record of Wrongs this week.
- UT commitment Jacques Smith's status with Tennessee remains solid after reports indicated that he'd been suspended for the first game of high school playoffs for fighting with a teammate. His coach called DaCoachO as soon as it happened, and O told him that they knew Smith well enough that they weren't overly concerned with it.
- It appears that there will only be two officials visitors this weekend: Ahmad Dixon and Marques Pair.
- Is this the week that Berry breaks the record? Time is running out.