- Regarding the Big Ten and the BCS, The Rivalry, Esq. says that the league getting two teams into the mix may mean the difference between a 6-1 and a 1-6 bowl record, and Black Shoe Diaries would rather see a Big Ten team play the third-best team in the SEC in a non-BCS bowl than a mid-major in a BCS bowl.
- The Only Colors previews tonight's North Carolina-Michigan State game and Carolina March posts the history between the two teams.
- The Daily Gopher examines this week's Big/ACC Challenge.
- Tomahawk Nation cites sources in reporting that Bobby Bowden will in fact announce his retirement from FSU today.
- Shakin the Southland has an excellent, in-depth explanation of how to defend the midline option.
- Spencer Hall's weekly College Football Alphabetical is up.
- Roll Bama Roll has a brief recap of the 2009 SEC regular season.