- Tomahawk Nation says that although the Florida State administration made the right move in finessing Bobby Bowden's retirement, refusing to answer any questions just after the biggest announcement in program history was "cowardly and classless."
- EDSBS posts a fantastic piece on how timing meant everything in Bowden's career.
- Bowl speculation among SEC schools ran rampant yesterday. Auburn fans are ecstatic about stealing the Outback Bowl from several other SEC brethren, Tennessee fans are finding consolation in a probable matchup against Virginia Tech in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl, and Georgia fans are making the best of a probable spot in the Independence Bowl.
- Carolina March, in response to North Carolina's 89-82 victory over Michigan State last night, says that UNC has the number Tom Izzo has lost. The Only Colors blames the loss on a lack of composure at key moments.
- Hail to the Orange wonders why it cares about the ACC-Big Ten Challenge despite the ever-present disappointment, and The Rivalry, Esq. wonders what the Challenge would look like if applied to football.
Around the SB Nation: reaction to Bobby Bowden's retirement
By Joel Hollingsworth Updated