Week Two of the BlogPoll sees more stability at the top - though that's sure to change with UConn and Pitt meeting tonight - and more shakedown in spots 5-10. Here's our vote for this week:
|Last week's ballot|
- Inside track on number one seeds: UNC, Oklahoma, and the winner of UConn/Pitt. After everyone kept losing again this week, suddenly Memphis is back in the top five. I doubt they'll get that treatment from the selection committee again, so watch out for Michigan State.
- Clemson, Wake, Marquette, Louisville and Nova each lost once this week. Nova gets the bump because they beat Marquette handily.
- Taking advantage this week: Illinois, Arizona State (who beat UCLA) and Missouri (who beat Kansas).
- Two-time losers this week include Duke and UCLA, who accordingly take the biggest fall. Xavier and Butler each lose in-conference, also keeping them from moving up, and Utah State suffered their second loss of the season against Boise State, effectively removing them from the Top 25.
- LSU is for real, kids. The Tigers won a double overtime war against Mississippi State in a week where they moved to 9-1 in conference and continued to put a stranglehold on the rest of the SEC. Don't forget that some of these kids were on the team that played in the 2006 Final Four.