- Huge, HUGE recruiting weekend for the Vols. The news? Not really huge. Or even large or medium- or regular-sized. In fact, few things changed and those that have are not really good news. Marlon Brown? Still undecided and will choose at a National Signing Day press conference between Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio State, and Ole Miss. Sam Montgomery? Quiet, with Tennessee, LSU, Michigan, North Carolina, Clemson, and South Carolina all factors. D.T. Shackelford? De-committed. David Oku? Leaning toward Auburn. Aubrey Phillips? "I'm still committed to Tennessee, but on Signing Day there will be a change." Heh. Nice. He's leaning toward Auburn. Eddie Lacy? Undecided between Tennessee and Alabama. Tana Patrick? Set to announce on NSD at 9:00 his choice between Tennessee, Alabama, and Auburn. Orson Charles? Won't decide until after NSD and taking a visit to Southern Cal. Playing it close to the vest and nobody knows nothing. Kendall Kelly? Will commit to Tennessee, Alabama, Clemson, or LSU on NSD at 1:00 p.m. Brandon Moore? Won't sign with Tennessee. Probably going to Alabama. Jonathan Evans? Still committed to Auburn, is everybody's guess at this point. Marcus Hall? Considering Tennessee, but will likely end up at Ohio State. Terrance Coleman. No longer 100% sure of his commitment to Auburn. Nu'Keese Richardson? Still committed to the Gators, but "perfect" visit presented him with a dilemma. Robert Nelson? Did not commit despite saying that he would if an offer was waiting. DeQuinta Jones? Tennessee "a real factor" despite his commitment to Michigan. Also considering Auburn. Artice Kellam? Still committed to Ole Miss, but quiet after Tennessee visit.
- So, um, yeah. That's 12 prospects, no commitments, one de-commit, and two hints that they are leaning toward Auburn and their primary recruiting contact Trooper Taylor.
- On a related note, Track 'Em Tigers wonders whether Auburn fans could have been wrong about the Gene Chizik hire. I know he's done at least one thing right by hiring Trooper Taylor.
- Pat Summitt's going for that 1,000th win tonight at Oklahoma. Game thread here at RTT tonight.
- One of the things I didn't realize about Tennessee's win over Florida Saturday is that Wayne Chism not only avoided foul trouble for himself but that he's the one who got Nick Calathes into foul trouble early in the game.
Clay Travis fisks Stewart Mandel on his criticism of Kiffin's Coaching Chimera. Dr. Saturday takes down Paul Finebaum on his criticism of the same subject.
- South Carolina experienced a season-defining moment by beating Kentucky in Rupp Arena and helping to make things interesting in the SEC East again. Kentucky fans are respectfully blaming their coach.
- Florida fans do not like Bruce Pearl and are being a bit snarky about the latest loss to Tennessee: "Watching Bruce Pearl makes me sick and not even knowing that the Vols will lose to a mid-major during the first weekend of the NCAAs can stop that."
- After the second player in two games was ejected for an errant elbow, Maize n Brew wonders who's going to get ejected next for what.