- The Sporting News' Matt Hayes interviews the Google of Football and is treated to some Grade A political home-base talking point conversation re-directors. Okay, I don't really know what that means -- I got started on a slippery sentence and ended up in the ditch -- but check out how Monte's answer to the question about Lane's mouth is deftly deflected. He acknowledges it and then hits every single one of his talking points, finishing with comments about energy and players buying into the program. By the way, GVX's Drew Edwards also interviews Monte and, frankly, comes away with a much better piece, including Monte's favorite "resin bag" story. So what's Monte going to do about the spread? All he'll say is that Florida is fast and good.
- David Douglas, father of Aaron Douglas, who just moved from tight end to offensive tackle, loves Jim Chaney ($) and says that Aaron is in good hands.
- Jesse Scroggins, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, RUN! Dude's got a bit of post-run Tebow hops, too:
- SEC post-spring power rankings, per ESPN: Tennessee is 10th.
- Robert Marve will be deciding early this week between Purdue and Tennessee.
- Janzen Jackson is recovering well from a bum knee and has spent much of the summer devleoping upper body strength and watching DVD cutups of the defense.
- Former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville will be working for a website this fall.
- The SEC takes the top four spots in a list of the top ten best pot-stirring coaches. Spurrier's still No. 1; Kiffin's No. 2. Spurrier re-opened the Meyer-to-Notre-Dame rumor on Paul Finebaum's show, and Meyer said nope.
- SEC baseball!
- The dribble-drive-motion offense: a recruiting tool in disguise.
- Oklahoma dismisses Juan Pattillo.