- The Great Lane Kiffin Debate. Fun of the varied hectic type was had by all last night. Many thanks to cocknfire for setting the thing up, to kidbourbon for sharing in the stings, and for the contributions of many of y'all, including rblakeh, graysnail, Thomas the Terrible, lawvol, and others. If anyone asked me a direct question that I didn't respond to, sorry. It was sort of like being at a party and trying to have eight conversations at once. But the good thing is that there will be no more discussion about Lane Kiffin the remainder of his tenure, because we cleared everything up. Yay for dialogue!
- Look! Another cornerback likes Monte Kiffin!
- Track 'Em Tigers previews the Tennessee-Auburn game. Evil twins, I'm telling you.
- Hoops dudes! Hopson continues to sound like he's the guy now we thought he would be last year, having found confidence and just the right amount of arc in his shot. Bobby Maze, too, as he scored 42 points, had 12 assists, scored the game-winning shot, and was talking about defense. And Skylar McBee -- a distant relation of Marty McFly? -- is getting just what he wants: a chance to earn a scholarship and playing time.
- Who says experimentation has to end in college? I'm going to try something different today. Normally, I'd put the SEC and NCAA links down here, but one problem with that is that I'd often miss out on some great stuff from conferences other than the SEC, Bakers 10, and ACC. Why's that? Because of the recent partnership thing between SB Nation college and CBSSports.com. Part of that is that SB Nation college blog headlines are featured on the team pages at CBSSports.com. Another part is that some of the best and most timely posts will be featured closer to the CBSSports.com front pages. That involves humans, and because the SB Nation college league is twice as large as its other leagues, it takes two to read everything and cull the best. I do mine before work in eastern time zone and send them to Peter of Burnt Orange Nation, who does his before in the central time zone, and so we don't have a complete list until later in the morning. So . . . I'm going to try two daily link dumps: one for Tennessee stuff in the morning, and one for the best stuff around the network at lunch. We'll see how it goes. There is some fantastic stuff in the network that doesn't pertain to Tennessee but that should still be interesting to college football fans.
- Coming up later today: 3 more reasons to love Layla Kiffin, and the search for the foulest cheese.