It's not quite a Talking Points per se, as some of this is has been mentioned in other forms before. But here are some of the goings-on with regards to UT football, UT basketball, Rocky Top Talk, and SEC Media Days.
- Joel is on his way to SEC Media Days as one of two credentialed SB Nation bloggers-turned-media.
- The SEC is offering streaming video of the event, by the way. So much for your productivity for the rest of this week.
- Joel was a guest on Team Speed Kill's podcast last night. In case you missed it, here's the replay:
- Jesse Scroggins seems to have moved his announcement to Thursday. HomeSweetHome at Gate21 has a great post of reflections over the whole quarterback recruitment process.
- Eric Berry's Heisman campaign is modeled after politicians' campaigns. This only makes sense, as the Heisman is almost purely a political award (in the sense of the politics of sports, not the politics of government, naturally). I'm well-established on record as not caring about the Heisman, but I am very pleased to see UT going to this trouble for #14. They think he's special enough for this kind of effort, and we agree. If he makes the final 5 and goes to the Offense-Only Club, I'll be completely thrilled for him.
- We're still trying to figure out which stores are carrying Rocky Top Tennessee 2009. If you see one in your locale, let us know where you found it.
- USA plays Israel for the gold in the Maccabi Games today after beating Canada 123-76. Of course, Israel beat Argentina 110-53, so it's not like you can pick a favorite that easily. You might be able to catch it live at the link, but no guarantees. I haven't managed to get anything live yet. The game starts at 7 PM Israel time - the math is your problem. ;-)