Looking past The Issue, here are some of the other goings-on around Tennessee athletics.
- Basketball Schedules are out. Valentine's Day will be extra sweet next year; either we'll wake up with a win against Kentucky, or we'll wake up in the sweet anticipation of their first vacated UT game in the near future.
- Our Pea Eye. Pearl says that the schedule was built with an eye on the NCAA tournament.
- Schedules are also out for the Lady Vols. Pat Summitt laughs at your feeble attempts to put together a strong schedule. Then demands that you try again until you get it perfect.
- Rock! Rock! Rock! Pat Summitt is getting in the game for Bria Hartley to fill the scholarship vacancy from Cait McMahan's career-ending injuries. If Bria visits, I'm sure we can get the Rock painted for her.
- No World Cup for Neyland Stadium. Honestly, I'm not surprised. The first time a player flopped, Summitt would have given them the death glare.
- Sports Illustrated features the Vols. They place the Vols 3rd in the East - at 7-5. There is also this write-up on the team; when asked about joining his son on staff, Mone Kiffin said, "I promise you, if I thought my kid was a jerk, I wouldn't have come here."
- That's Coach Tee Martin. Volnation interviews Martin about his upcoming year as quarterbacks coach for New Mexico.
- Forecasting UCLA. Doc Saturday takes a look at the rebuilding of UCLA's running game. Methinks that having our defense practice against our running game will have them a bit overprepared.
- Moment of truth. Nick Stephens thinks that this Saturday's scrimmage is his last big chance to win the starting slot. He's probably right.