- The Rivalry, Esq. surveys the Big Ten in light of the past week's struggles of three of the league's preseason favorites.
- Team Speed Kills has the first week's SEC Power Poll, along with a recap of what we learned Saturday and how it wasn't much different from opening week last year.
- Ohio St. blog We Will Always Have Tempe analyzes it's near miss against Navy and concludes that it was more like the rare let downs many elite programs experience and less like Michigan's historic loss to Appalachian St., which signaled more serious problems.
- EDSBS guest columnist "Tommy Kilborn, Notre Dame Law Student" recants on last year's calling for the head of Charlie Weis. Kilborn is fictional, of course, as evidenced by the fact that he says some Notre Dame alumni were standing during the game.
- Mountain West Connection puts the BYU win over Oklahoma in perspective.
- Virginia Tech blog Gobbler Country identifies two questionable play calls that doomed the Hokies against Alabama.