I Know What You Did Last Week: A quick look at how Tennessee's remaining opponents performed this past weekend.
- The Tide lost at South Carolina, 21-35. Alabama is now 5-1 overall and 2-1 in the SEC (and third in the SEC West, behind LSU and Auburn). If you didn't follow the link from yesterday about Alabama taking a moment to appreciate the winning streak that just ended, follow it now for a list of what went wrong, including a defense that "does nothing particularly well." Yeah, that's the kind of stuff you only say about a team still competing for a national championship after you've lost the first regular season game in 29 tries, but still.
- South Carolina is 4-1 overall and 2-1 in the SEC (and on top in the SEC East). Garnet and Black Attack says next year is now.
Animated Drive Charts brought to you by Gameday Depot.
- Lost at Louisville, 0-56. Memphis is 1-5 overall and 0-3 in C-USA. Before you get too excited, note that UAB is 1-4 and 0-2 in the same conference.
- Beat Eastern Michigan at home, 52-6. They're 2-3 overall, but 1-1 in the conference, ahead of Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky in the SEC East. Vanderbilt fans think Robbie Caldwell is doing a "fair" job.
- Lost at home to Auburn, 34-37, on a last second field goal. The Wildcats are 3-3 overall, but 0-3 in the SEC and are currently sharing bunk beds in the basement with Tennessee. A Sea of Blue is, of course, disappointed, but didn't expect to win anyway, and they've always got that man-crush thing on Randall Cobb going for them. And speaking of man-crushes, Track Em Tigers has huge one on Cam Newton, who passed for 210 yards and ran 28 times for 198 yards and four TDs. Well, who wouldn't, right?