Around SB Nation's college blogs today:
- The weekend's action kicks off tonight when South Florida takes on West Virginia. Bulls blog Voodoo Five and Mountaineers blog The Smoking Musket exchange questions. Voodoo Five's video game simulation of the contest gave the game to the Bulls, by the way.
- In advance of the Texas-Nebraska game this weekend, Burnt Orange Nation notes that Cornhuskers QB Taylor Martinez is not quite Vince Young, but gets the attention of Texas fans by pointing out that Martinez "has as many rushing touchdowns through his first 5 games as a redshirt freshman quarterback as Vince Young had in 13 games as a fourth-year junior." Corn Nation says that this game is huge for both teams, but especially big for the 'Huskers, who need to win if they want to be in the national title discussion.
- The Buckeyes travel to Wisconsin this week, and Ohio St. blog Along The Olentangy provides an in-depth analysis of the Badgers. Bucky's 5th Quarter helpfully notes that Wisconsin has won 25 of its last 28 night games.
- Saturday's matchup between Auburn and Arkansas features the SEC's two best quarterbacks in Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett. Arkansas Expats has the comparison.
- Roll Bama Roll looks back at the loss to South Carolina, including the potential impact of the injuries to Julio Jones and D.J. Fluker.