RTT Talking Points, Not at all about Cam Newton, even a little edition
Quick Thursday roundup:
- Football is fun for Vols now! And they're happy. Dance, happy vols! Dance your crazy happy dance!
- If you're not already appreciating Poole, mind that if he gets 100 yards in each of the last two games, he'll both have cleared 1000 yards and also set the UT record for most 100-yard games a season. And dude's not getting much help: he's single-handedly accounted for 70% of the Vols' total rushing yardage, the least equitable rushing-yard distribution in the SEC. Rajion Neal and David Oku have combined for just 327 yards.
- A little meh about reading another Tyler Bray article with no new information whatsoever? "Blah blah blah Tyler Bray blah blah blah laaaid-back California blah blah blah talented-but-so-young! blah blah blah very tall blah blah blah he's great." There. See? I fixed that for you.
- Consummate charmer Wes Rucker harasses senior offensive lineman Jarrod Shaw by calling him "Shawdog," after he asked him to stop. Repeatedly.
- Injuries updates: Eric Gordon is losing track of all the concussions he's had in the last couple weeks (that's bad. right?). His status? Weeeeellllll-
"That's something you've got to talk to our trainer about," Dooley said. "Do we allow our trainer to talk?"
Dooley was then informed that UT's trainers don't speak with the media.
"Yeah, you're going to have a hard time getting an answer," Dooley said. "Maybe I'll talk to the trainer."
- On the plus side, Zach Roger, Janzen Jackson, and guard Zach Fulton are all looking good to be back Saturday.