Around SB Nation's college blogs today:
- Roll Bama Roll reacts to the news of Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram's injury and wonders whether he might be back for the Penn State game.
- Team Speed Kills advises Ole Miss fans to chill out about the NCAA's decision to deny Jeremiah Masoli's appeal for immediate eligibility. Red Cup Rebellion, well, they're not exactly listening (language warning).
- Vanquish The Foe thinks BYU's move to football independence might be a short term strategy designed to position the program for a move to a more prominent conference in a couple of years.
- Bloggers are viewing the eve of the college football season like it's Christmas, with Track Em Tigers re-writing the words to "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and Maize n Brew working a recap of the crazy summer into a rendition of "Twas the Night Before Football."
- Tomahawk Nation has an exhaustive breakdown of the Florida State defense under Mark Stoops.