- Mark Pancratz, who played in Bruce Pearl's system, says that this is the time of year that the extra playing time and experience that comes with playing a lot of guys throughout the season begins to pay off. It's apparently also the time for Pearl to remind everyone of something Dane Bradshaw said to the rest of his team as his basketball career was winding down: Play every game like it's your last.
- Did you know that center Kenny Hall played 35 games as a freshman and averaged 12.4 minutes per game? With the arrival of senior center John (or is it Josh, I, like too many announcers this year, forget -- ;-) ) Fields, Hall's down to 18 of 26 games this season and averages only 6.1 minutes, an experience he plans to leverage into attitude in 2011-12. "Oh, yeah,'' Hall said Thursday. "All this bench-riding right now, man, I'm gonna take it out on 'em next year.'' Or maybe he's going to take it out on the starters at practice, as he's one of five four-star scholarship players on the scout team.
- Speaking of centers and, well, speaking, center Brian Williams says that coach Pearl "knows [he's] the best guard in the country."
- Former Webb School player Michael Carillon is one of three guys invited to walk on at Tennessee. He'll try to add to the depth in the secondary.
- Do not miss lol vol's take on Toomer's. It's absolutely fantastic.