- UT's official site has a great catch-up piece on Casey Clausen. You know, the guy who went 3-1 against Alabama and won twice against the Gators in Gainesville? If you care not for your mental well-being this morning, spend a moment comparing and contrasting that to the current 18-20 over the past three seasons against the entire schedule, including Kentucky. I'll never understand why so many Vol fans make pain faces at hearing Casey's name. Look at his top 5 UT memories: His first start -- a win against 'Bama; a 45-17 bowl beat down of Michigan, a six overtime victory over Arkansas, a five overtime win against Alabama, and the upset of the Hurricanes in Miami in '03. Cue Cinderella's power ballad.
- Denarius Moore has signed his deal with the Raiders and will get about $2.2M over four years, which ranks somewhere above being carried on teammates shoulders after beating UAB. Requisite Moore Flying TD video.
- Gerald Jones has signed with the Philadelphia Eagles, which earns a link to Gerald Jones: Playmaker. Ignore the first half of the post in which I eagerly anticipate the Clawfense. It's going in my upcoming post compiling the 200 Most Embarrassing Things I've Ever Said on this Blog.
- Nick Reveiz is loving life in Tampa so far, even if it means a move to fullback.
- Dallas Thomas says that Tyler Bray now understands defenses. If true, watch out, because combining that with an uncanny knack to make things work when he didn't have a clue is a recipe for . . . hot sauce on potatoes? Hmm.
- Cuonzo Martin is headed to Colorado Springs for the 2011 USA Basketball Men's World University Games National Team training camp. The "World University Games?" Yes. He'll be hanging out with Purdue's Matt Painter and Butler's Brad Stevens.
- Hey, guess what? We're concerned about our defense this fall.