Knock knock. Who's there? Football.
The season starts tonight, which means this is the last chance to get in on our season-long pick 'em contest through Fun Office Pools. You can sign up there for free and then search for our "Rocky Top Talk 2011" pool. Weekly winners receive $10 gift cards to Gameday Depot, and the 2011 champion wins a $50 gift card. More on the rules and regulations here. We pick 20 games every week, straight up with confidence points (20 points on the game you feel most confident about, 1 point on the game you feel least confident about, etc). You can still play on a weekly basis at any point in the season, and you can still sign up until Saturday morning this week, though you'll lose out on the Thursday/Friday games. But the show starts tonight, with three games on the slate.
Some stats from this morning, with 110 people in the pool:
- 57% of our players currently like Boise State over Georgia
- 68% like Oregon over LSU
- Three people have picked Montana over Tennessee
- Closest game of the week: 53% like BYU over Ole Miss
- Most confident game of the week: zero people have picked SMU over Texas A&M (SEC! SEC! SEC!)
- Tonight! 96% like Wisconsin over UNLV! 93% like Mississippi State over Memphis! 95% like Kentucky over Western Kentucky! It doesn't matter, because it's football!