UTSPORTS.COM has released the 2013 football schedule for the Tennessee Volunteers.
- August 31, Austin Peay (Knoxville)
- September 7, Western Kentucky (Knoxville)
- September 14, Oregon (Eugene)
- September 21, Florida (Gainesville)
- September 28, South Alabama (Knoxville)
- October 5, Georgia (Knoxville)
- October 19, South Carolina (Knoxville)
- October 26, Alabama (Tuscaloosa)
- November 2, Missouri (Columbia)
- November 9, Auburn (Knoxville)
- November 23, Vanderbilt (Knoxville)
- November 30, Kentucky (Lexington)
The big news is that the SEC is remaining at eight conference games for at least one more year. The toughest stretch will certainly be back-to-back trips to Eugene and Gainesville.
On the surface, the non-conference schedule looks like three cupcakes and Oregon, although if Willie Taggart has not been hired away by a BCS-conference school, overlooking the Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky will be dangerous.
Auburn, who also may have a coaching change, will visit Neyland in November, and Alabama and South Carolina have switched positions. Don't ask me why.
The first four conference games are Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Alabama. That should be fun.
And finally, the Vols have two byes next week. One between Georgia and South Carolina, the other between Auburn and Vanderbilt.
The meat of this schedule will be brutal. How well the Vols handle it will depend almost completely on what happens this offseason.