2007 was weird, man. Real weird. We know this, Still, for posterity's sake, here's some of the fun:
- Appalachian State, Michigan, Big House, season opener, 34-32 App State. (Michigan ended the season by beating Tim Tebow and/or the rest of the Gators, lest we forget.)
- From Week 6 to Week Week 14, the #2 ranked team in the country went 2-7. Boston College went 1-1, LSU went 1-0, and USC, Cal (yes, the same Cal that Tennessee lost to in Berkeley to open the season), South Florida, Oregon, Kansas, and West Virginia all went 0-1 in that time frame.
- The teams those teams lost to: Stanford (4-8, beat USC as a 41-point underdog), Oregon State (9-4, beat Cal), Rutgers (8-5, beat South Florida), Arizona (went 5-7, beat Oregon), Missouri (12-2, beat Kansas), Pittsburgh (5-7, beat WVU). There was indignation that Mizzou (yes, that Mizzou) didn't make a BCS bowl.
- Teams that made the top 10 we haven't talked about: Kentucky (twice, was ranked higher than South Carolina and Florida before playing them), Arizona State (who picked up a 1st place vote in Week 7), and Hawaii.
- LSU failed to lose a game in regulation and went down as the only BCS champ (to date?) with two losses.