Congrats to Rollervol, who took last week's trophy in a crowded battle with six players coming within five points of the lead:
|2||Rocky Top Talk 2014||16-4||157|
Through four weeks yours truly remains the overall leader in confidence points, though our old friend birdjam holds the best straight up record at 61-19. There are again lots of familiar names from our comment section in the Top 10 and several others just outside it - full standings found here.
This week it's not so much that there are a bunch of five-star games, but there are a ton of interesting match-ups across the board with several underdogs people are talking themselves into:
- Tonight 94.3% like Oklahoma State to hold serve at home against Texas Tech in the opener, but the late contest is currently split 50/50 as #15 UCLA travels to #16 Arizona State.
- There are six noon games on the slate for Saturday, including Duke getting the Cutcliffe bump from our community with 69.2% of the vote on the road as a 4.5 point underdog at Miami.
- More than a third of Tennessee fans are all in for victory in Athens, with 33.9% taking the Vols to pull the upset in Athens.
- It's taken one month for Vanderbilt to return to status quo, so much so that 100% of our community is picking Kentucky to take care of business in Lexington. I know it's Vanderbilt, but it's also Kentucky, and no one would've believed that 100% number when the season began.
- Maryland is another road underdog getting the vote of confidence from our community, with 59.6% taking the Terps at Indiana, also a 4.5 point favorite.
- No one believes in Arkansas just yet, or rather, only one person believes in Arkansas at Texas A&M.
- 84.6% take South Carolina to hold serve at home over Missouri.
- All chalk in the evening: Ole Miss over Memphis, Notre Dame over Syracuse, and Nebraska over Illinois all at 100% in our community. Also 100%: Louisville over Clawfense.
As always, feel free to use this as your open thread if you're watching Oklahoma State-Texas Tech and/or Arizona State-UCLA on this Thursday night. Should be another very interesting week on tap.