164 days is no time at all, really
- We're well under 6 months [falls over sobbing; dies] before football season- best start getting prepared. Bristol against the new-look Virginia Tech Hokies on Sept. 10 has been shaping up to be absolutely insane, and now ESPN's Ed Aschoff is picking it as his #1 SEC upset to keep an eye on for 2016 (booo hisss he's from Florida what does he know).
- While you were laying on your couch trying to mind-meld the dog into going to to fridge for you between Tourney games this weekend, Superachiever Josh Dobbs was at Nike’s The Opening camp at Lanier High School in Buford, Ga., on the last day of his spring break, schoolin up the young bucks. Later, in an interview with BR's Barrett Sallee, he explained next season he aims to be the Vols' CEO (which, inarguably, is Butch Jones' fault).
- In case you missed it (or totally forgot about it, like I did), Tennessee hired former Miami running game coordinator and (later) interim head coach Larry Scott as tight ends coach earlier in the year, and 24/7 posted a solid interview and bio of the man himself yesterday.
- In really late baseball and baseball-associated sports news, the Vols softball team was swept by the top-ranked Florida Gators (booo hissss) over the weekend, ending an 11-game win streak, and the men's baseball team lost 10-7 to the Ole Miss Rebels at Lindsey Nelson.
- Monday afternoon Jimmy Cheek decided maybe just emailing everybody was the best PR plan, as he sent a mass email to students, staff and faculty regarding the pending Title IX litigation, saying "While I cannot specifically address the allegations in the lawsuit, I can say that any assertion that we do not take sexual assault seriously enough is simply not true," among some other things (John Brice screencapped the full email here).