Wednesday is for a decided milk advantage
- Morning folks. As those of yall that were following along in yesterday's game thread are aware, despite leading 4-0 as late as the seventh inning, Tennessee's NCAA tournament ended in a heartbreaker last night as LSU scored twice in the bottom of the ninth to defeat the Vols 5-4. Tennessee ends the season 29-28.
- In some really lousy news, according to a report from Jimmy Hyams, the injury rising sophomore RB Joe Young suffered after the end of last season appears to have been severe enough to end his career. According to Butch Jones, Young will serve as a student coach for the Vols this season.
- Tennessee basketball's annual SEC/Big 12 matchup was announced yesterday, with the Vols hosting Bruce Weber's Kansas State. The Wildcats were 17-16 last season.
- Phil Steel posted updated National Championship and Heisman Trophy winner odds from Westgate Las Vegas yesterday, and Tennessee is holding steady at 15/1 (one of only ten teams with 15/1 odds or better). Josh Dobbs comes in at 35/1 (and Jalen Hurd at 50/1) to take home Peyton's Rightful Trophy.
- VFLs Daniel McCullers and Ramon Foster play for the Steelers now (as well as former Butch player Antonio Brown, natch), and Bob Shoop is apparently a die-hard Pittsburgh fan, so looks like he took him a lil trip:
- Josh Richardson the best, yall:
- Here's 2017 prospect Colin Anderson (Killen, AL 3* OLB) on his recent trip to Tennessee:
"It was awesome. The football facilities were top-tier, there was a lot of money in that place. The one thing that really stood out to me was the food and how they feed you. The nutritionists there are top-notch, I hadn't received a presentation like that. They make their own peanut butter, they've got chocolate milk fresh off the utter, it's like a day old, best chocolate milk you've tasted, it's insane!
"I'm a milk guy, so it was awesome."
I have just so, so many questions, you guys.