FRIDAY IS FOR WELL ACTUALLY
- Morning folks. Well. Ain't gonna lie, there's nothing going on. It's June. Don't get your hopes up.
It's CALLBACK FRIDAY, we guess. As promised, somebody got mad about classes being cancelled for the App State game (to be fair, that article basically writes itself), and Randy Smith of the Chattanoogan filed a 500-word book report on the Mount Rushmore article posted yesterday. Pity the offseason sportwriter, children.
- Because nothing meets a deadline faster than studied contrarianism, Ty Duffy at The Big Lead argues Tennessee is being heavily overhyped, pointing out the Vols last year went 1-4 against teams .500 or better, if you only count power five teams, and don't include Northwestern. COUNTERPOINT: "Ty Duffy" is clearly a made-up name.
- ESPN's "Must-Win Game" series has rolled around to Tennessee, and they picked Florida, which I think is a surprise to no one.
- Nate over at RockyTop Insider has a numerical breakdown showing this year's team will be Tennessee's most experienced under Butch Jones, which, uh, seems kinda self-evident a little, maybe?
Derek Dooley apparently went on Clay Travis's TV show yesterday, a pairing with all the charm of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.
- In case you got distracted (like I did!) watching the Cavs and LBJ go all BRONSTAR on the Warriors last night, this happened, which is pretty dope: