- Morning folks. Tennessee's various summer camps kept head coach Butch Jones busy over the weekend, as the Vols held their annual one-day "Arsenal" quarterback camp on Saturday, drawing over 100 players to Neyland, presumably to learn how to develop the precision passing skills and flair essential to placing third every year. On Sunday Tennessee's first satellite camp started in Nashville, drawing over 300, and netting a commitment from the state's top kicking prospect, Brent Cimaglia (247 3*, No. 5 K nationwide). Cimaglia was previously committed to Southern Miss. Additionally, following the camp LaVergne, TN S Maliek Gray (4*, No. 56 overall) listed Tennessee as his current favorite.
- On Friday, Judge Aleta Trauger set May 22, 2018 as the trial date for the pending Title IX lawsuit against the University of Tennessee, and also barred the attorneys involved from commenting to the media on the case, citing the heavy publicity the suit has generated. Said Trager: "I feel like it's already been tried in the press. I am concerned about being able to get a fair jury because even in this district we have a lot of people for and against the University of Tennessee."
- Jalen Tabor has no chill.
- This is kinda cool- as noticed by College Spun's Andrew Holleran, you can now see the field outlines at Bristol in Google Maps:
- Vanderbilt comes in with an early but exceptionally strong candidate for "worst fan-made recruiting hype video, 2016"
- .Tim Chambers of Mountain City's The Tomahawk with a powerful take that you should not be going to Bristol, because everything will look like candy.
If it's Tuesday, it's POSSUM NEWS
Today's POSSUM NEWS comes to us from as far as Leith, Scotland, where a woman reported a possum jumped in her pocket:
Importantly, that is not a possum. After copious research, we have gathered that all English people call Sugar Gliders "possums," obviously incorrectly. This error joins Marmite Edible Spread and The Empire on Which the Sun Never Sets in the annals of facially incorrect English labelings. This has been your possum news.