With just a week left until the Tennessee Volunteers hit the field, I figured we should sneak in one last bowl projections post. This time in round-up form. I hit the internet and found 11 different publications with bowl projections out. Here’s what I found.
- College Football News: Liberty vs. Kansas State
- Yahoo: Liberty vs. Texas
- 247 Sports: Liberty vs. Kansas State
- CBS Sports: TaxSlayer vs. Virginia Tech
- Sporting News: Liberty vs. Texas
- Athlon: Outback vs. Wisconsin
- College Sports Madness: Music City vs. Pitt
- SEC Country: Texas vs. Texas
- Sports on Earth: Belk vs. North Carolina
- Saturdays Down South: Belk vs. North Carolina
- SBNation: Belk vs. Miami
Liberty: 4. Belk: 3. TaxSlayer: 1. Texas: 1. Music City: 1. Outback: 1.
Seven of eleven think that Tennessee will end up in the Belk or Liberty bowl. This is the line of thinking that I’m taking as well. I think the Volunteers will continue their tour of the SEC No. 3-8 bowls, having competed in the Music City, Outback and TaxSlayer in years previous.
I’m on the record predicting a Liberty bowl birth for Tennessee. Where do you think they’ll end up? Let us know.