Tennessee suffered the worst loss at home since 1905 today against the Georgia Bulldogs. The 41-0 defeat was the first shutout loss the Vols have suffered since 1994. In a game where Butch Jones needed his team to show a pulse, they were flat run over by an emerging Georgia squad.
You can watch the full presser here. Here are the highlights.
- “I thought our kids were ready to play,”
- “When you have opportunities to make plays early in the game and you don’t, you lose those opportunities. We had some opportunities for some big plays on offense — we dropped a couple of interceptions. Everything snowballs from there.”
- “No excuses, no hiding behind it.”
- “Everything will be looked at in our program from A to Z. There’s a lot of football left to play, but we are being tested right now.”
- “We have to look ourselves in the mirror. It’s a gut check time.”
- “It was as bad of an offensive performance as I’ve ever been a part of.”
- “Every position is open. We have no starters. We’ll compete every single day during the bye week.”
- “Everyone should hurt. If you’re not hurt, you’re not invested.”
- “There’s a tradition of excellence that we expect when we play in Neyland Stadium.”