After picking up wins against a pretty solid Samford group and blowing out Wake Forest, Tennessee stayed put in the AP Top 25 this week. There was some talk of Tennessee potentially moving up to No. 1 after top-ranked Kansas lost to Arizona State over the weekend, but as it turns out, they actually got jumped by Michigan.
The Wolverines, who picked up a 21 point win over Air Force, jumped to the No. 2 spot over Tennessee. (Someone is going to have to explain that one to me.)
The new No. 1 team in the land is Duke, as expected. They came back to beat Texas Tech last week. The Blue Devils’ only loss came to Gonzaga in Maui, a team that Tennessee beat at the beginning of the month in Phoenix.
- Gary Parrish placed Tennessee as his top-ranked team this week in his top 25 and 1 poll.
- Jeff Borzello has Tennessee 4th in ESPN’s power rankings.
- Andy Katz has the Vols at No. 2 over at NCAA.com.
- Tennessee still sits 11th in the KenPom rankings.
Around the SEC
- Kentucky hopped back to 16th after a big win over North Carolina.
- Auburn dropped to 12th after taking a loss to N.C. State.
- Mississippi State dropped two spots to 19th after a narrow win over Wright State.