Updates to follow...
That’s going to wrap up our coverage today. Let’s do it again tomorrow! Here’s a look at the bracket.
- FINAL: Arkansas 69, South Carolina 64. Arkansas advances to face Florida.
- Arkansas is going to hang on here. South Carolina missed a wide open look from three and fouled once again.
- 2nd half/0:39: South Carolina makes two free throws to trim the lead to two, but gives up an offensive rebound at the other end. Daryl Macon makes two free throws to bring the Arkansas lead back to four.
- 2nd half/2:02: Arkansas 66, South Carolina 61. Barford with a quick five points to extend the Razorbacks’ lead.
- 2nd half/4:58: Arkansas 61, South Carolina 57.
- 2nd half/8:34: As we’ve seen all day, everyone makes a run. Frank Booker has South Carolina alive and kicking here, cutting the lead to four points.
- 2nd half/11:56: Arkansas 52, South Carolina 39. Too much firepower from the Razorbacks here. Arkansas is winning inside and currently 15-16 from the free throw line.
- It’s the Jaylen Barford show out out of the break. Arkansas has a comfortable 15 point lead, suddenly.
- HALFTIME: Arkansas 36, South Carolina 28. The Razorbacks end the half on a 10-2 run.
- 1st half/4:24: Justin Minaya ties the game with a couple of threes. It’s 26 all.
- 1st half/5:49: Arkansas 24, South Carolina 17. Darious Hall leads the way with seven points.
- Daniel Gafford picks up his second foul for Arkansas. South Carolina has battled back to cut the lead to just three points.
- 1st half/14:30: All Arkansas so far. The Razorbacks hold an 11-4 lead early on.
Arkansas and South Carolina are up next tonight.
- Mississippi State moves on to face Tennessee tomorrow night.
- FINAL: Mississippi State 80, LSU 77. Too little too late for LSU. Mississippi State just did too much damage in the first half. Give Tremont Waters plenty of credit. He did all he could, just didn’t have enough help tonight.
- 2nd half/2:27: Mississippi State 73, LSU 68. Tigers aren’t going away, but they can’t string together any stops on the defensive end.
- 2nd half/4:53: LSU is lurking, but Mississippi State keeps answering. They still lead by seven.
- 2nd half/9:12: Tremont Waters is doing all he can. He’s got LSU within five points, suddenly. It’s at 62-57 lead for Mississippi State.
- 2nd half/12:07: Mississippi State 56, LSU 44. The Bulldogs are coming back down to earth from behind the three point line, but LSU isn’t making much headway.
- 2nd half/17:41: LSU slashes the lead to 10 out of the break. Tremont Waters is up to 18 points already for LSU.
- HALFTIME: Mississippi State 45, LSU 29
- 1st half/1:39: Mississippi State 42, LSU 26. This one is getting ugly, quick.
- Mississippi State is white hot. They’re 8-9 from three point range currently. Lamar Peters is 4-4. They lead by 16.
- 1st half/5:48: Mississippi State has opened up a 10 point lead over LSU, 31-21.
LSU vs. Mississippi State coming up at 7 PM Eastern
- Georgia will move on to face Kentucky.
- FINAL: Georgia 62, Missouri 60. The Tigers got a GREAT open look for the win, but could not convert.
- MPJ takes a quick three, but misses. Didn’t love that shot attempt. Georgia goes 1-2 from the stripe, but grabs the offensive rebound. Claxton misses the front end. Tigers’ ball once again, down two points with seven seconds to play.
- Porter Jr. from three to bring Missouri to within one point.
- Georgia 61, Missouri 57. 1:26 to play.
- Yante Maten stops the bleeding for Georgia. Bulldogs up four now with the ball after an offensive foul.
- 2nd half/3:57: Missouri is clawing to stay in it. They’re down 59-55 after a couple of buckets from Porter Jr. and Robertson.
- 2nd half/7:45: Georgia holding steady here with a 55-49 lead.
- An INSTANT 8-0 run from Georgia has them right back in control, 47-39. Big response there.
- 2nd half/14:13: Kassius Robertson ties the game at 39.
- 2nd half/15:46: Missouri has closed the gap out of the break to 37-33.
- Michael Porter Jr. scored five points on 2-10 shooting in the first half. He also added four rebounds. He looks far from 100 percent, however. You can tell that the explosiveness just isn’t there.
- HALFTIME: Georgia 33, Missouri 24. Maten and Teshaun Hightower have combined for 25 points for the Bulldogs. Missouri is shooting just 24 percent from the field.
- 1st half/1:30: Georgia 28, Missouri 22. Really ugly, physical game to this point.
- 1st half/5:43: Georgia 19, Missouri 12. 16-0 run for the Bulldogs. Missouri hasn’t made a shot in over seven minutes.
- Yante is getting it going. Georgia has come all the way back to take the lead at 15-12. Missouri has gone cold offensively as Porter Jr. air-balls a three.
- 1st half/14-03: Missouri 10, Georgia 3. Yante Maten gets the Bulldogs on the board with a three.
- 1st half/15:08: Missouri 8, Georgia 0.
- 1st half/17:00: Michael Porter Jr. checks in for Missouri.
Up next: Missouri takes on Georgia
- That win probably punches Alabama’s ticket to the NCAA Tournament.
- Alabama advances to take on Auburn.
- FINAL: ALABAMA 71, TEXAS A&M 70. Collin Sexton wins it with another floater in the middle of the paint.
COLLIN SEXTON COAST-TO-COAST IN 4.4 SECONDS FOR THE WIN pic.twitter.com/n9YIcvKymA— Jordan Heck (@JordanHeckFF) March 8, 2018
- 2nd half/0:04: Sexton hits the floater, but T.J. Starks nails a three at the other end to give A&M the lead.
Texas A&M 70, Alabama 69
- 2nd half/1:00: Sexton gets inside for a layup. Bama back up two. Starks answers to tie the game again.
- 2nd half/1:13: Tie game. Gilder nails a three.
- 2nd half/2:40: Donta Hall gets a breakaway dunk. Alabama up three.
- 2nd half/4:23: Alabama 63, Texas A&M 62: Aggies are on a 6-0 run. Alabama hasn’t score in over four minutes.
- 2nd half/6:59: Alabama 63, Texas A&M 59: Starks is doing everything he can to get Texas A&M back in this one. Alabama has gone cold offensively, not scoring for three minutes now.
- Alabama has made their last seven shots.
- 2nd half/10:00: Alabama 60, Texas A&M 52. Sexton hits a three to end a run by the Aggies.
- A&M’s Tyler Davis just picked up his 4th foul.
- 2nd half/12:53: Alabama 54, Texas A&M 42. Sexton is slicing up A&M and making the correct decisions with the ball in his hands. He just registered his 4th and 5th assists on the afternoon.
- 2nd half/15:55: Alabama 42, Texas A&M 36. A&M can’t stay in front of Collin Sexton.
- 2nd half/18:03: Things getting chippy between Sexton and T.J. Starks. Sexton gets called for a flagrant foul.
- Texas A&M has struggled to find a flow offensively. Tyler Davis is keeping them in the game with nine rebounds and seven points, despite being just 1-4 from the floor. The Aggies will needs some contributions from their guards in the second half.
- Alabama is shooting an even 50 percent from the field so far. Collin Sexton has 9 points to lead the way.
- HALFTIME: Alabama 35, Texas A&M 28
- 1st half/3:00: Alabama 30, Texas A&M 24. A really balanced ‘Bama offensive attack has A&M struggling here.
- 1st half/6:16: Alabama 21, Texas A&M 20. Tyler Davis already has six free throw attempts for the Aggies. He’s added seven rebounds so far.
- 1st half/8:46: Alabama takes the lead 19-16. Dazon Ingram gave Alabama a spark while Donta Hall converted a three point play at the rim.
- The Aggies jumped out to an early 11-4 lead over Alabama, but the Tide have come roaring back with an 8-2 run. A&M currently leads 13-12.
1 PM: Alabama and Texas A&M tip-off.
We’ve got four games on the slate today as the SEC Tournament kicks into high gear from St. Louis. Follow along all day for updates.
1 PM Eastern: Alabama vs. Texas A&M
3:30 PM Eastern: Georgia vs. Missouri
7:00 PM Eastern: LSU vs. Mississippi State
9:30 PM Eastern: South Carolina vs. Arkansas