Here it is — the first depth chart of the 2018 season.
Tennessee releases their depth chart## pic.twitter.com/bz3N6IUH1r— Volquest Staff (@Volquest_Rivals) August 27, 2018
- As expected, it’s Jarrett Guarantano OR Keller Chryst at quarterback.
- Tim Jordan, Ty Chandler and Madre London are listed as co-starters.
- Trey Smith is your starter at left tackle. Brandon Kennedy is the starter at center.
- The right tackle spot seems very unsettled with Drew Richmond, Marcus Tatum and Chance Hall listed in the OR category.
- Marquez Callaway, Jauan Jennings and Josh Palmer seem locked in as the top three receivers on the outside. Brandon Johnson is your starter out of the slot.
- Alontae Taylor and Bryce Thompson — two freshmen — seem set to be big contributors at cornerback. Both are listed as starters.
- Baylen Buchanan is slated to start at corner as well.
- Nigel Warrior and Micah Abernathy are your starting safeties. Todd Kelly Jr. is listed as a third stringer.
- Kyle Phillips, Shy Tuttle and Alexis Johnson are locked in as the front three. Jonathan Kongbo and Darrell Taylor will handle outside linebacker duties, while Darrin Kirkland Jr., Quart’e Sapp and Daniel Bituli will operate in the middle.
- The guard battle seems far from done, with two starters listed at each guard position.