Early signing week is here, meaning most of Tennessee’s 2020 class is about to become official. This is still a bit of a new process in the college football landscape, but it has turned out to be the biggest week of the entire recruiting year, outshining the traditional signing day date in February.
You can expect most prospects to sign on Wednesday, December 18th, but the period will stay open through Friday, December 20th.
Tennessee had a lot of momentum heading into the 2019 season, but a lot of that was undone with losses to Georgia State and BYU early on. However, a strong close to the season has given Jeremy Pruitt some much needed ammunition on the recruiting trail. He’s looking to carry that on-field momentum over to the early signing period.
With that being said, let’s take a look at who is planning to sign later this week. Keep in mind — the key word here is planning. None of this is set in stone. Plans change quickly in this industry, but here’s what we know right this second.
Tennessee’s class of 2020 signing plans
4* Safety Keshawn Lawrence: Signing early
4* Defensive Tackle Omari Thomas: Signing early
4* Quarterback Harrison Bailey: Signing AND enrolling early
4* Defensive Tackle Dominic Bailey: Signing AND enrolling early
4* Athlete Jimmy Calloway: Signing early
4* Linebacker Bryson Eason: Signing early
4* Center Cooper Mays: Signing AND enrolling early
4* Wide Receiver Jalin Hyatt: Signing early
4* Linebacker Martavius French: Signing early
3* Linebacker Tamarion McDonald: Signing early
3* Running Back Jabari Small: Signing early
3* Guard Javontez Spraggins: Signing early
3* Safety Doneiko Slaughter: Signing early
3* Guard James Robinson: Signing early
3* Athlete Darion Williamson: Signing in February
3* Running Back Tee Hodge: Signing early
3* Guard Kyree Miller: Signing in February
2* Long Snapper Will Albright: Signing Early
Remaining Tennessee targets to monitor
- Four-star defensive lineman Jay Hardy out of Chattanooga shocked the recruiting world by committing to Auburn over Tennessee. The Vols are still working on Hardy, though he initially planned on signing early. If Hardy doesn’t sign with the Tigers this week, that’s a big win for Tennessee.
- Four-star defensive end Tyler Baron will commit and sign on Wednesday. The crystal ball projections at 247Sports still point towards Tennessee as the favorite.
- Four-star pass rusher Morven Joseph is down to Tennessee or Florida. The Volunteers have had momentum here late.
- Four-star linebacker Len’Neth Whitehead will commit on Wednesday. This seems like a South Carolina-Tennessee battle.
- Three-star athlete Jimmy Holiday remains committed to TCU, but Tennessee is a strong flip candidate. Watch for that one early on Wednesday morning.
We’ll have full coverage on Wednesday, which will be where most of the action will unfold.