Tennessee released its first depth chart of the 2019 season, filled with — you guessed it — a whole lot of -OR- designations.
Here’s the full look at the chart.
- The first thing that stands out is the offensive line. There’s an OR designation at every position up front, backing up what Pruitt said about playing up to ten guys on the offensive line.
- Trey Smith is listed at left guard, along with Riley Locklear.
- The backup quarterback position remains unsolved with both Brian Maurer and JT Shrout getting the OR treatment behind Jarrett Guarantano.
- The tight end spot is filled with veterans. Neither freshman (Sean Brown, Jackson Lowe) cracked the top five. Do you actually believe that though? I’m skeptical.
- The defensive line also lists 10 possible starters, jiving with what Pruitt said a few weeks ago. He mentioned that there wasn’t much separation in the group, following the injury to Emmit Gooden.
- Aubrey Solomon is listed on the depth chart, despite his status being unclear with the NCAA.
- DeAndre Johnson and Kivon Bennett are listed as the starters opposite of Darrell Taylor.
- Daniel Bituli/Will Ignont and Henry To’oto’o/Shanon Reid are each listed as starters at inside linebacker.
- Bryce Thompson does not appear on the depth chart. Warren Burrell OR Shawn Shamburger will take his spot.
- Nigel Warrior and Trevon Flowers are your starters at safety.