Welcome to the Early Signing Period. College football’s traditional signing day may still be in February, but this is where you’ll get most of your action now. Tennessee has been limping down the stretch here, trying to overcome a good bit of noise about Jeremy Pruitt’s job security as 2020 draws to a close.
Tennessee has suffered a few key decommitments in recent weeks — two more coming last night. Things seem pretty fluid right now with this class, so we may run into a few surprises today. All of the action will be updated below, in our annual tracker.
Signing announcements, flips, hat dances — we’ll keep you updated here.
LIVE UPDATES TO FOLLOW
- Friday update: Three-star defensive lineman Isaac Washington has signed.
- Four-star athlete Kaemen Marley made things official late on Wednesday night.
- First surprise of the day — JUCO pass rusher Byron Young commits and signs with Tennessee. The 6-3, 240 pound edge prospect is out of Georgia Military College.
- So what’s left? Tennessee is up to 16 signatures on the day.
Dylan Brooks, Jordan Mosley, De’Shawn Rucker, Roc Taylor, Colby Smith and Isaac Washington are the lone remaining commits that are unsigned to this point. Of course, you’ve got the Terrence Lewis situation still unresolved at this point as well.
So far so good for Tennessee, all things considered.
- Speedy three-star running back Jaylen Wright is also now official.
- Four-star running back Cody Brown is in. Brown is the 10th rated back in the class, per the 247Sports Composite rankings.
- Big-bodied four-star receiver Julian Nixon is official.
- Three-star OL J’Marion Gooch has signed.
- Former Tennessee commit Damarius McGhee lands at LSU. In a class that badly needs cornerback help, this one stings. McGhee decommitted just a few weeks ago.
- Big one here — four-star QB, top 100 overall player Kaidon Salter is in. Salter remained firm with Tennessee throughout the summer and fall, and is now official. He plans to enroll early, immediately entering Tennessee’s wide open quarterback race.
- Four-star, in-state receiver Walker Merrill is also now official.
- Following a quiet couple of hours, three-star OL William Parker’s paperwork is in.
- 6-7, three-star TE/DE Trinity Bell is official.
- Four-star TE Miles Campbell has signed. He’ll have a shot to play early, considering the current tight end room for Tennessee. Campbell is the 11th ranked TE in the class, per 247Sports.
- Four-star JUCO RB Tiyon Evans is in. Evans is the top JUCO RB in the class, re-committing to Tennessee about a month ago.
- Four-star DT KaTron Evans is official. Evans is the 176th ranked player in the class, per the 247Sports Composite.
- Three-star DB Christian Charles has signed. Charles committed as an athlete but will likely land at cornerback for Tennessee.
- Three-star DL Amari McNeill is in — he’s the latest commitment for Tennessee. This one is a bit of a surprise, as he said he initially said he was planning to wait until February.
- Four-star LB Aaron Willis is the first signing of the day.
- Before the fun begins, read Clint Eiland’s primer.