Following two postponements, Tennessee’s football schedule will now officially go deep into December. The Volunteers have the Florida Gators in town to kick the month off this weekend, and now officially have dates for their final two games of the season.
The SEC announced that Tennessee will travel to Nashville on December 12th to play Vanderbilt, and then host Texas A&M on December 19th. Both games were postponed earlier in the year due to COVID issues.
Texas A&M had two positive cases and a number of players out due to contact tracing during the initial game week, causing the first cancelation. The SEC then moved Tennessee-Vanderbilt in an effort to get ten games in for each school in the conference.
Here’s how the league schedule looks to end the regular season.
December 12th SEC Schedule
- LSU at Florida (rescheduled from Oct. 17)
- Auburn at Mississippi State (rescheduled from Nov. 14)
- Georgia at Missouri (rescheduled from Nov. 14)
- Ole Miss at Texas A&M (rescheduled from Nov. 21)
- Tennessee at Vanderbilt (rescheduled from Nov. 28)
- Alabama at Arkansas (rescheduled from Dec. 5)
December 19th SEC Schedule
- Texas A&M at Tennessee (rescheduled from Nov. 14)
- Ole Miss at LSU (rescheduled from Dec. 5)
- Missouri at Mississippi State (rescheduled from Dec. 5)
- Vanderbilt at Georgia (rescheduled from Dec. 5)
- SEC Football Championship, Atlanta, 8 pm ET/7 pm CT