All the talking and guessing is over — it’s time for Tennessee-Alabama. CBS will be live from Neyland Stadium at 3:30 p.m. ET, with kickoff set for around 3:39 p.m. ET.
Follow along live and discuss the game with us below.
- TENNESSEE’S KICK FOR THE WIN IS GOOD, VOLS WIN 52-49
- BRU MCCOY FOR 25 MORE. TWO SECONDS LEFT
- Hooker to Keyton for 20. Ball at the 50. 9 seconds left.
- BAMA MISSES. TENNESSEE BALL WITH 21 SECONDS TO GO
- Another 3rd and 10 — no sir. Bama will kick from 50 yards out. 21 seconds left.
- 3rd and 10, Young converts. Tennessee brought the house and didn’t make it. Field goal range from here.
- 51 seconds to play, Bama at the 50.
- Young working the two minute drill. First down to the 40. First down to the 50.
- TOUCHDOWN (do I have to even say it??) JALIN HYATT. TD No. 5 for No. 11. Tie game.
- 4th and 1 turns into 4th and 6 after a false start..... and Tennessee gets picked off — but hold everything. There was DPI down the field, giving Tennessee a first down and brand new life.
- Vols inside the 25. 4 minutes to play, down 7.
- Tennessee moving slowly, aided by a DPI call. To midfield. Jaylen Wright for 15 more.
- There it is. The mistake that couldn’t happen. Hooker and Small get tangled on an option look and Alabama gets the scoop and score. 49-42, Bama. 7:49 to play.
- Bama drops a touchdown — now 4th down at the 1 — they come right back to the tight end for the score. This Tennessee defense is absolutely gassed.
8:38 left to play. Alabama 42, Tennessee 42.
- Young immediately responds — Jojo Earle for 42 yards. Wide open. Bama threatening.
- SACK! Huge loss as Tennessee finally gets home. 2nd and a mile.
- JALIN HYATT AGAIN! To the house. And the two-point conversion is good. Tennessee 42, Alabama 35. What a game.
- Tennessee FINALLY gets to Young and lays a lick on him, forcing 4th down. We enter the 4th quarter with Bama up 35-34. Bama will punt.
- Hooker misses high and is picked off for the first time all day. With the way Bryce is rolling right now, that’s going to be a tough one to overcome.
- A defensive pass interference call bails Bama out. Alabama leads after another Gibbs touchdown, 35-34.
- McClellan takes it in, but a holding call will bring it back ten yards. 3rd and goal — and a delay of game. 3rd and goal from the 15.
- Young is carving Tennessee up now. Bama driving again.
- Bama doing a really nice job picking up Tennessee’s blitzes.
- AND ANSWER, THEY DID. JALIN HYATT FOR ANOTHER SIX. Right over the top, see ya. Tennessee 34, Alabama 28. Chase McGrath misses the extra point.
- Touchdown, Alabama. Big play down the field, then Gibbs takes it in. You could feel the momentum swinging, and here we are.
Bama goes for two and the tie — and gets it. Tennessee 28, Alabama 28. Volunteers have to find an answer quickly.
- Tennessee opens the third quarter with a turnover on downs. Jacob Warren was stuffed and it’s Alabama football at midfield. Hooker missed a wide open 40 yard pass to Keyton a couple of snaps before.
HALFTIME: Tennessee 28, Alabama 20
- Heupel brings in Milton for the hail mary, and it nearly worked. Just off of Bru McCoy’s hands. HALFTIME SCORE: Tennessee 28, Alabama 20. Vols’ ball after half.
- Young flies straight down the field. He finds the redzone, but Tennessee stuffs Gibbs on a draw. Bama opts to take the three — and hits. Tennessee 28, Alabama 20. 41 second left in the half.
- Vols get past midfield and face a 4th and 6 — they go for it — and don’t get it. Hooker had Keyton deep, but overthrew him by a couple of feet. Bama ball, big moment here with two minutes left in the half.
- Tennessee going four minute offense and finding success. Driving.
- Touchdown, Alabama. Bryce Young to Ja’Corey Brooks. Bama had to have that, and they got it. Tennessee 28, Alabama 17 (6:46, 2Q).
- Bama settling in, slowly working. Jace McClellan getting a lot of run here and picking up chunks. Now Gibbs — more chunks. Bama rolling down the field.
- Hooker pushes it to Keyton over the middle, entering the redzone. Princeton Fant caps off the drive with a carry up the middle. Tennessee 28, Alabama 10. What a swing.
- HUGE SWING. Just as Bama was getting some momentum, a special teams blunder gives it back to Tennessee. Alabama tried to pick up a punt and got hit, fumbling the ball. Vols ball in Bama territory.
- Alabama put together a good looking drive, but couldn’t close the deal. The drive stalled at the three, and Saban opted to take the three points. Tennessee 21, Alabama 10 as we open the second quarter. Bryce Young took another big shot, too.
- Touchdown, Jalin Hyatt (x2). Vols up 21-7 on the Tide.
- Tennessee football after a bad punt. Hooker going to work — Vols driving.
- Bama up to five penalties already. Absolutely killing them. Make that six. My goodness. Alabama rattled? Now a delay of game.
- BOOM. Hendon Hooker dials one up to Jalin Hyatt. Right over the top for six. Tennessee 14-7. (6:43, 1Q).
- Young again deep, ‘Bama beats press man. Gibbs scores two plays later. Tied up at 7-7.
- Tennessee mixing looks, but Young finds an opening. Big play down the field to convert third down. Tide driving.
- Touchdown, Tennessee. EASY drive to get going here, Jabari Small takes it in. Heupel kept Alabama off-balance, going both on the ground and through the air. You can’t draw it up any better. 7-0, Vols.
- Tennessee forces a punt to start. Volunteers looked pretty stout up front, stuffing a few runs and hitting Young to get the stop.
- We are underway from Knoxville.
- Bryce Young has been throwing in warmups for Alabama and is expected to give it a go. Is he 100 percent though? We’ll find out shortly.
- Tennessee has officially ruled out Cedric Tillman and Jaylen McCollough.