The early signing period has arrived. Most prospects around the country will make their college decisions official today as teams put the final touches on their 2024 classes. Tennessee is expected to sign around 20 prospects today, in addition to a handful of transfer commitments that they’ve landed out of the portal.
We’ll track all of the action below as the day unfolds.
Tracking all of Tennessee’s signatures during the Early Signing Period
- That should be it for the day. All 21 of Tennessee’s commitments have either signed or enrolled. We’ll hear from Josh Heupel later today to break down the class, then all focus will return to the portal.
- Tennessee’s latest commitment — tight end Cole Harrison — has signed. Harrison essentially replaces the spot of Jonathan Echols, who decommitted earlier this month.
- JUCO 3-star DL Jamal Wallace is in. Tennessee picked up his commitment just a few days ago.
- 3-star OL Gage Ginther has signed, coming in all the way from Colorado.
- 3-star safety Edrees Farouq has signed.
- Back to back receiver signatures — 5-star Mike Matthews is in. Matthews is the 28th ranked player in the 2024 cycle, per 247Sports.
- 4-star wide receiver Braylon Staley is official. Tennessee had to work to finish this one down the stretch, but they were able to do so.
- 3-star defensive back Marcus Goree Jr. has signed.
- Tennessee’s quarterback is in — 4-star quarterback Jake Merklinger is official. Merklinger will likely serve as Tennessee’s backup next season.
- 4-star athlete Boo Carter has signed with Tennessee. The Volunteers held off a late push from Colorado to keep Carter home.
- TRANSFER: Former Oregon State CB Jermod McCoy has signed after announcing his commitment to Tennessee earlier this morning.
- TRANSFER: Former MTSU S Jakobe Thomas has officially signed.
- TRANSFER: Former Notre Dame TE Holden Staes has officially signed. He’ll play alongside of Ethan Davis going forward.
- 4-star OT Bennett Warren has signed. The Texas native should have a year to get acclimated before potentially pushing for playing time in 2025. Warren is a top 100 prospect in the class.
- 3-star OL Jesse Perry is in. Perry comes out of Murfreesboro.
- Big one here — 5-star edge rusher Jordan Ross has signed. Tennessee beat out just about every power program in the SEC for Ross, who ranks as the 11th player overall in the class. He joins a suddenly loaded edge group in Knoxville.
- Tennessee adds long snapper Marshall Box.
- 4-star cornerback Kaleb Beasley is in. The longtime in-state commitment suddenly has a path to playing time after several departures at corner.
- 3-star EDGE Kellen Lindstrom has signed. He’s the tenth-ranked player in the state of Tennessee, per 247Sports.
- 4-star LB Edwin Spillman is in. More much-needed linebacker depth on the way.
- 4-star OG William Satterwhite has signed. He’s likely got a year to wait, but the Ohio native could be in the mix for a starting spot next season once some veterans move on.
- 3-star linebacker Jordan Burns has sent his papers in.
- Intriguing DL prospect Jeremias Heard has signed. The 6-7, 300 pounder will now go to work with Rodney Garner.
- Dynamic 4-star running back Peyton Lewis is next. The Virginia native is a top 200 prospect in the cycle, per 247Sports.
- 4-star offensive tackle Max Anderson is in. The 6-5, 309 pounder is out of Texas.
- The first signature is in... it’s in-state DL Carson Gentle. The 3-star defender is out of Chattanooga.