Money is always a point of interest when living in capitalistic society. Especially when you make a lot of it.
When you get to the NFL, you tend to make a lot of money, even if you’re not around for too long. Players that make the active 53-man roster are automatically guaranteed at least six figures for that season, which is more than most people make in a combined 2-3 years of work.
Comparing prices tags on players can be a lot of fun and it’s always interesting to see how much former players from your favorite college team are making on a yearly basis. After seeing a similar post like this by Ronald Evans of Fansided’s bamahammer.com, I decided to track down all the Tennessee Vols that are currently on a NFL contract and ranked them accordingly from highest salary to lowest salary in terms of cash earned in 2020 (total cap hit is in parenthesis).
So which Vol will make the most money in 2020? Find out below!
- DT Malik Jackson - Philadelphia Eagles $10,105,000 ($4,661,600)
- RT Ja’Wuan James - Denver Broncos $10,000,000 ($13,000,000)
- CB Justin Coleman - Detroit Lions $7,000,000 ($9,029,000)
- G Zach Fulton - Houston Texans $7,000,000 ($7,000,000)
- WR Cordarrelle Patterson - Chicago Bears $4,750,000 ($5,750,000)
- TE Jason Witten - Las Vegas Raiders $4,000,000 ($4,000,000)
- P Britton Colquitt - Minnesota Vikings $1,816,666 ($3,250,000)
- TE Luke Stocker - Atlanta Falcons $2,600,000 ($3,350,000)
- DE Derek Barnett - Philadelphia Eagles $2,217,328 ($4,088,882)
- RB Alvin Kamara - New Orleans Saints $2,133,000 ($2,376,193)
- P Michael Palardy - Carolina Panthers $2,100,000 ($2,600,00)
- P Dustin Colquitt - Kansas City Chiefs $2,000,000 ($2,650,000
- DT Daniel McCullers - Pittsburgh Steelers $1,500,000 ($1,625,000)
- LS Morgan Cox - Baltimore Ravens $1,100,000 ($1,240,000)
- QB Joshua Dobbs - Jacksonville Jaguars $825k ($825k)
- TE Alex Ellis - Philadelphia Eagles $825k ($825k)
- LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin - Detroit Lions $825k ($979,724)
- DB Cameron Sutton - Pittsburgh Steelers $825k ($1,009,032)
- DB Rashaan Gaulden - New York Giants $750k ($750k)
- LB A.J. Johnson - Denver Broncos $750k ($750k)
- WR Josh Malone - New York Jets $750k ($750k)
- DT Jordan Williams - Tennessee Titans $750k ($750k)
- TE Jason Croom - Buffalo Bills $675k ($675k)
- P Trevor Daniel - Houston Texans $675k ($675k)
- FB Jakob Johnson - New England Patriots $675k ($675k)
- DB Emmanuel Moseley - San Francisco 49ers $675k ($675k)
- DE Kyle Phillips - New York Jets $675k ($676,666)
- DT Shy Tuttle - New Orleans Saints $675k ($676,666)
- DE Jonathan Kongbo - San Francisco 49ers $610k ($610k)
- DE Kendal Vickers - Las Vegas Raiders $610k ($610k)
Colton Jumper, Matt Simms, Tyler Bray, Eric Berry, and Ethan Wolfe are currently free agents.